Download Scaffold Counter for AutoCAD
Getting StartedThis free plug-in installs shortcuts on your desktop to drawing templates for common scaffolding equipment manufacturers. Double click on one of these drawings and turn on your NODE Osnap (only). The node snap points are located at connection points for the scaffolding, allowing you to easily combine components into scaffold structures.
Scaffolding SystemsScaffold Counter provides a solution to customers around the world. Some of the most common systems are included. You can also add your own equipment systems, sizes, as well as customize the default templates provided.
FRAME AND BRACE Frame and Brace scaffolding, common in the US and Canada, can be created with this shortcut. This template also contains putlogs, stairs, pedestrian walkways, tube and clamp, and many others.
KWIKSTAGE Common in Australia, some locations in the UK and Africa, double clicking on the Kwikstage icon on your desktop will open the Kwikstage template. This template also contains tube and clamp.
RING (At-Pac, Etobicoke, Layher, Scafom, etc.) The ring-type system is common across the globe and can be created with this template. This template also contains tube and clamp.
COUNT/COUNTSCAF CommandAfter drawing your scaffolding you can use the COUNT command (AutoCAD 2012 and 2013) or the COUNTSCAF command (AutoCAD 2014) to create a bill of materials for selected items. This command will display a dialog box allowing you to:
||Click to Enlarge|
CHANGEPARTS CommandIf you'd like to modify the default scaffolding pieces (description, part number, weight, etc.) in the template or add your own parts, you can use the CHANGEPARTS command.
||Click to Enlarge|
Integration with QuantifyThere are several options for integration with Avontus' rental/hire billing and asset tracking software, Quantify.
Adding Your Own PartsAdding your own pieces to Scaffold Counter is very easy and can be accomplished by following these steps:
- Create a drawing of your scaffold part.
- Create your new part using the CHANGEPARTS command, make note of the attribute ID that is created.
- Create an attribute named PARTS placed next to the entities that you'll create a block out of. Within the attribute place a tag with the attribute ID and quantity separated by a semi-colon. If needed, copy one of the Scaffold Counter blocks, explode it, and use the attribute found there.
- Use [attributeID]:[quantity] where [attributeID] is the ID from the step above, and quantity is the count of the number of pieces in the block
- You can place multiple [attributeID]:[quantity] items in a single tag to represent a block that contains many parts. See the frame scaffold frames for an example; these blocks contain a frame as well as two couplers.
- Create your block using the block command
- Test your block by issuing the COUNTSCAF command to make sure the proper part and quantity appear.
- You may want to add your parts to the template drawing that ships with Scaffold Counter. These templates are stored in your \My Documents\Scaffold Counter\Templates\ folder.
ReportingRobust reporting is built directly into Scaffold Counter with automatic detection of either A4 or Letter papersize. The BOM can be printed with rental/hire rates, weights, and sell pricing. There are also several charts to see the ratios of weight compared to the overall list. Additionally, the reports can be saved to Microsoft Excel, Word, and PDF. Click on any of the tiles below for a larger view of the screen grab.
|Report - Click to Enlarge||Pie Chart - Click to Enlarge|
Additional InformationPlease double check the weights of all equipment. The ring system is in lbs and Kwikstage is in kg. Note that due to the varying manufacturers represented, the frame and brace catalog does not include weight. You can easily modify the weights with the CHANGEPARTS command.
Avontus and Quantify are registered trademarks of Avontus Software, Inc.
Known IssuesThere are no known issues at this time
Support InformationPlease email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or feedback. Please feel free to make recommendations for additonal scaffold systems or parts/pieces that you find missing.
- 2.0.42 May 2013
- Rebrand product to Avontus Scaffold Counter.
- Added additional manufacturers.
- Reports now recognize your region and use A4 or Letter size automatically.
- The product detects if your region is AU or UK and uses the word 'Hire' instead of 'Rent'.
- In the CHANGEPARTS command there is a new button that will update all of your block names to match the part numbers in the catalog.
- Upgrade to work with AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2014, 32-bit and 64-bit.